Hey Mages! How was your week? Ours was pretty busy as we did a whole lot of clean up on our various tools.

What’s up since last week?

This week, most of the work done was on two parts. First the videogame version that is still improving every day thanks to the team. And second, we’ve been working on our daily tools like our card database, our cardlists or the shared file system we use.

Continuing the video game

It is still very early of course, but the demo version we did to present the game is still under development to make it more polished and easier to play. Due to deadlines we had to do a lot of cuts and restrictions in what we implemented in it. Now we’re back on this part of the project and adding what we wanted initially. We will still need some time before we can show it to you but we hope it won’t take too long.

We’re working on diverse bugfixes, multiplayer options and a lot of other things like new card effects (and thus new cards). We’ll keep you informed as this part of the project advances.

Blow artwork by Jeffrey Jeanson

Cleaning up our tools

We have a lot of different tools and documents we use here and there. Some are for communication, to keep our cards and their contents somewhere, or simply to remember what we want to put in each pre-constructed deck we use. But as time passes and more things gets added inside them (sometimes in a hurry) they get more and more difficult to navigate through. This is why we sometimes need to clean them up. Which is what we did for a big part of them this week.

As an example, the document we use to keep track of the contents of our cards is pretty big and it has a lot of different parts. With this tool, we have the cards saved in different languages, which allows us to print cards in the language we want. This is very uselful, but it also means that when we change something in a card, we have to change it in every language. We should have linked the data a while ago but never really took the time to change this properly…until this week. Now every data that doesn’t need to be translated will be automatically updated as long as you change it in the right part of the document.

This is only one of the many things we’ve improved to make our life a bit easier. Long story short, time taken to make your work easier is time well spent.

That’s all for today Mages!

We hope you’re having a great week and we’ll see you next week for another update. Thank you for reading and until next time, have fun!